1) Sea Lions- barking, lounging, rolling, every now and then erupting in a semi-violent frenzy
2) Tourists- the people are almost as funny to watch as the sea lions. And it's always interesting to see which random, nondescript backdrops some of the visitors choose for their photographs. Handrail? Sign for restrooms and elevator? Cruise ticket office?
3) Seagull poop- it's always an adventure
4) Bungee trampoline- At ten bucks a pop, it's out of our league. But watching other people do it is free.
5) Good times- fresh ocean breezes, views of ships and island prisons and the Golden Gate Bridge, and hanging out with people we love. This one should really be number one. Or two, at least.




Asher liked parts of the trip. But cold air and sleep deprivation are a bad mix.

Bennett displays his "silly face" at the Palace of Fine Arts, which I recently discovered is neither a palace nor a repository of fine arts. But it is pretty.

Pretend fishing in the pond. When given a choice between eating the pretend fish and putting them back, Bennett chose to put them back. Just like mom on the seafood front.

Bennett has long been obsessed with chocolate, but only recently to the point where I catch him sucking Hershey's chocolate syrup directly from the bottle. The other day I left the room for a second and rushed back after a suspicious prolonged silence. When I came back, I saw a baby on his back, connected to an upside-down bottle of chocolate syrup, held in place by a smiling two-year-old. I stopped the mayhem, but had to get a pitcure before cleaning the whole thing up. Sorry about the red eyes.

Similar to Halloween, except with bows replacing costumes. Wedding video, here we come.

13 comments:
I did not know you guys had a blog. I guess we are the last to join the blogging club.
Do you guys have any trips planned in our direction?
I love the picture of Asher and the bows. Your boys are so cute!
I just found your blog from Toria - yeah! I can keep up on the Smith family. PS. The palace of fine arts is the Exploratorium now - it is awesome!! Buy a family pass and go lots - you won't regret it. We love that place - it was the highlight of our trip to San Francisco.
Yaaaay! So cute. But who posted this, who? Kim, if it's you, you have morphed into Kelly because you sound like him. I need to know.
And I need to see your boys.
I love Asher's blue eyes. And his cheeks. I just need them.
Jen, how do you know what I sound like? We never correspond.
Now I didn't know you had a blog, but I can't say I'm surprised. I feel like I can now have my chance to really get to know you...I was bummed we moved so soon after you guys moved in. Yah for blogs!
PS- Could you send me your address to reberfamily@gmail.com
Thanks! I want to add you to our Christmas card list.
Hilarious! Michael and I are still laughing about the chocolate syrup story! Way to go, Benny-boy!
Bad news- we're not coming home for Christmas! :( We're so sad about it.
Call me sometime when you're not busy -- I miss you!
Smiths! I found your blog! It was great to see you guys last month. We miss you!
I love the chocolate syrup story. You've really got to get them started early on chocolate...or it could end up like seafood...
That is a very funny chocolate syrup story. Bennett was so thoughtful in sharing! Kim- I can't believe how much you and your sister look alike! You could be identical twins.
Hey friends!
Cute pictures! We're also big fans of fisherman's wharf. I could lie out by the bay for hours.
Glad to find your blog. Your boys are darling!
Hey friends!
Cute pictures! We're also big fans of fisherman's wharf. I could lie out by the bay for hours.
Glad to find your blog. Your boys are darling!
Post a Comment