I found out recently that what I thought was a sprained wrist from church basketball was really a fracture. This is a game called "Name that obscure bone," which is coincidentally the same bone that is broken inside a cast on my right arm.
Church ball can be so brutal! I can't believe it's broken and you have a cast! It's one of your carpals... scaphoid? I think it's that one. Can you tell I come from a medical family? ;)
Whoa, you didn't tell us about that!?!? I think that injury was lurking ever since last year when Kim asked you to quit intermurals for fear of such a thing. Gotta be the "weekend warrior" don't you Kelly? Sorry we missed you last week. and I LOVE the pics from Phoenix, we'll have to trade.
6 comments:
that's one of your metacarpals (sp?), right? Do I have to be more specific? What do I win? :)
Church ball can be so brutal! I can't believe it's broken and you have a cast! It's one of your carpals... scaphoid? I think it's that one. Can you tell I come from a medical family? ;)
Wow, congratulations to both our participants. Scaphoid is the correct answer, which falls in the carpal category.
I had never heard of this bone before, but learned from wikipedia that it is located in the "anatomical snuffbox," which I thought was funny.
Seriously??? Holy cow - that is the worst!! Are you in a cast!!! So sorry that you are another casualty of Ward Basketball!
Yay for the Smiths! (Except, not so 'yay' for your broken scaphoid Kelly!) I'm so excited to go through your archives and see what you've been up to!
Whoa, you didn't tell us about that!?!? I think that injury was lurking ever since last year when Kim asked you to quit intermurals for fear of such a thing. Gotta be the "weekend warrior" don't you Kelly? Sorry we missed you last week. and I LOVE the pics from Phoenix, we'll have to trade.
Post a Comment