
While baking the other day, I looked down at the baking powder lid and noticed my initials written out from when I had roommates in college. It suddenly dawned on me that I had had it for a really long time. I checked the expiration date to find that I need to clean out my cupboards more often. I looked at the baking soda...same story. I bet my rolls are going to turn out a lot better next time.

Expiration Date (10/30/06)

January 2004
6 comments:
Eh.. expiration dates are just "suggestions" anyway. jk.
I do have some spices with my old roommates initials on them. Everyone moved out and left me with a spice stash I still don't use. :)
travis's aunts were cleaning out their grandma's spice cupboard one day and they found some spice (i don't remember what it was) that was from like the 50s or something crazy like that! pretty sure it prob doesn't taste like whatever it was supposed to anymore. :)
Gross Kim, gross.
Ha ha! I bet your rolls will turn out a lot better now! ;) I noticed the other day on my baking soda box that it said to replace it every 3 months, and it is for sure at least a year old. Who knew?
Ha! That's great! One of the benefits of moving (like 7 times) is that you get to throw a lot out before you pack up. However, having been in this house for 2 years, I'm sure I'll find something ancient soon. I can't give up the plastic college mixing bowl with my initials on it, those were good days.
I have found very similar things in my cupboard. You just don't think about it. I think I will be checking my dates now, thanks for the reminder.
Post a Comment