(Spoiler alert) Kim was worried about me being misunderstood the last time around, so I'll attempt to explain. If you're not familiar with the Twilight series by Stephenie Meyer, they are young adult novels about a high school girl that falls in love with a vampire. But then she kind of likes a werewolf, but ends up with the vampire after all.I haven't read the books, but pretty much every female I know is obsessed with them. The reason I find that funny is the aforementioned elements of fantasy. Who knew that my wife would one day explain to me the physiological aspects of vampire/human childbirth?
Anyway, I figured that if fantasy has a market, maybe I should try my hand. Really, I was goofing around while Kim finished the latest book (released last Friday at midnight) and having some fun spoofing the insanely popular series by making up a unicorn/fairy romance of my own.

In reality, I am super impressed with anyone that takes an idea and turns it into something as time-consuming and life-accomplishment-ish as a published novel. Even if it is a little phantasmagorical and seemingly ridiculous and reminds me of the Renaissance Faire.
12 comments:
I don't read those books but I was checking on our friends blogs this evening and you guys are the second to mention the book. I'm so out of the loop.
Heidi
Kelly my husband and I thought your short story was excellent. You nailed her writing style. I can't wait until your story becomes a full length novel. Very funny.
I would definitely buy your book Kelly.
Ha! I TOTALLY agree with you, Kelly! It's quite the uncomfortable situation to be a female surrounded by other females oogling and ahgling over something I just simply didn't get. Give me a Harry Potter book anytime, but please...keep the Twilights away! (Though, I have to admit, I DID read them...well, the first three anyway)
And Kim...we can still be friends, even though you love the books. :)
Kelly........phantasmagorical?
HOW DO YOU KNOW CAMEY??
I just came to your blog from my childhood friend Camey's blog!! What the... are we meant to cross paths or what?
love it! hahaha! we just went to forks yesterday (blake & i) and even listened to twilight on the way there. kelly, you really should read them :)
Hahahahaha! That picture cracks me up! It's perfect ;) Also, your story is so funny. I love it.
Kelly, you are my hero because you used the word "phantasmagorical" in a sentence.
P.S. Renaissance fairs have always creeped me out.
Still laughing at Vernal equinox. Are you SURE you didn't read them right along with Kim??
where have you gone? kim-have you been busy teaching kelly how to speak to you like edward?
Kelly- you're just jealous you're not a freakishly hot vampire with wicked skilz.
Post a Comment