Saturday, October 18, 2008

Kids and Pumpkins

Here are a few pictures of life these days at our house.

Kim made pumpkin pancakes for the boys , who always love pancakes and are really getting into the fall holiday season.

Asher has this habit of getting into everything in the cupboards he can reach. Usually we get frustrated and tell him to stop making a mess, but Kim found a solution that was more fun for everyone - a drum party on the kitchen floor. Great idea, Kim.

Asher eating strawberries.

Asher eating flowers.

Asher eating dried corn kernels.

Asher eating hay.


We borrowed the canning machine from the Concord Cannery for a ward event. But we decided to take the opportunity and get some food storage put together. 45 minutes, 24 cans.


We took a day trip to the pumpkin patch today. One of the highlights was a "sandbox" full of millions of dried corn kernels. The boys had a blast digging and playing with the 47 other children in the same 200 cubic feet of corn (10x10x2).



We thought this picture of Asher was cute (but what else are we going to think?) Another 80 degree day in late October.
Is this a stylish kid or what? Shout-out goes to Grandma Schroeder for the "cool-guy" jeans and awesome tennies. Asher was loving pumpkinland, toddling all over the rows of giant orange balls with big sticks coming out of them. (At what age does the concept of a pumpkin really make sense?)Another highlight was the cow train, made up of little cars pulled by a tractor, with the whole thing decorated like a herd of cattle. Almost made me feel like a rancher. The ride was fun, meandering through the corn stalks and the pumpkin patch. Asher smiled a little but held on tight. Bennett tentatively held up his arms when we went over little mounds of dirt, and then quickly held on to the sides again when Kim stopped asking him to do it.

Overall we had a great time, despite a sort of rocky start. But that's a story for a different day...

13 comments:

Heidi said...

i'd gladly give my left leg for an 80 degree October day (over our 100 degree days) plus if i did give up my left leg I could get one of those cool running legs.
Your house is beautiful and your kids are dang cute. i'm glad that you guys posted!!!! keep it coming. and we are excited to see kelly at the reunion.
late
heidi

Ben Pratt said...

Brilliant! You four look fabulous.

Toria said...

what a great day! The boys looks so cute (love Asher eating everything). Proud of you for canning, taking fun pictures and celebrating fall. We're missing fall around here, but we're finally enjoying lots of "summer" activities.

Keri said...

Ok, your guys' pumpkin patch is way cooler than ours! And your boys are just getting cuter and cuter!

jenny said...

Asher eating seems to be a recurring theme! I can't believe how big the boys are getting. Looks like a blast. Glad you are back to blogging!

Sarah said...

Yay, you're back to blogging! :) I'm so glad you guys still made it out to the pumpkin patch. We missed you though! That pit of corn was quite the hit! I couldn't believe how dirty the kids were coming out of it, though. Ew. Your boys are too cute! And I love the picture of you and the boys, Kim, you look so good!

LeChem Fam said...

Your family is so fun! I love all the pictures of Asher he seems so grown up! How darling!

Bella Beginnings said...

Looks like you guys had a fun time. I love the eating pictures of Asher!! He is seriously so cute. I have never seen a sandbox full of corn kernals. Interesting!

corey said...

Such cute kids -- loved the pumpkin patch pics! We just went to one, too -- if it'd been a traveling show, I would've said it was the same one! We're thinking about doing a dried corn kernel box in lieu of a sandbox in our backyard because it, too, was a hit with all three of our kids!

Cathy said...

I love the pumpkin pictures! Your new place looks great.

Allison said...

i think it is safe to say that asher likes to eat things. thanks for sharing such fun pictures. oh, i think the "corn box" sounds like a blast!

Sarah Beau Bera said...

Kelly and Kim, I was here. Meaning I read your blog today. And your family = cute.

Unknown said...

Yippee!!! Got the forwarded email of your Christmas letter from cousin Lisa. Nice to see some pictures of you and your clan! Merry Christmas!

I started a photo blog. If you guys get a chance to check it out....here's the link http://irene.bahayphiilips.com

Love,
Shay, Irene, Chloe and Walle